1. Pour 1/4 cup dry quinoa into a dry pan.
2. Toast at a low setting until it turns slightly caramel-colored and smells like popcorn, about 5 minutes. (It's done toasting in the photo.)
3. Transfer to a small pot that has about 3/4 cup water simmering.
4. Simmer slightly uncovered (leave lid askew about 1/4 inch to allow steam to escape) for 10 minutes.
5. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff.
Use more or less water depending on how mushy you like the final product. The quinoa is done when you can no longer see a small opaque center in the grain.
I sprinkle this with tamari or just salt and toasted sesame seeds.
2.5 grams fat
27 grams carbohydrate
3 grams fiber
6 grams protein
Fluff! That's the step I've been missing.
what is Quinoa? looks interesting. ;) peace
Post a Comment