Saturday, September 02, 2006

Hope They Make It

A small Indian grocery store opened near us. I hope they make it - I like exploring new foods and supporting earnest entrepreneurs.

As I was exploring the bags of beans, dal?, I overheard from the next aisle (there are only 2 aisles in the whole store, still I couldn't walk there fast enough to see what was being discussed):
"Does this come in fat-free?"
"I'm sorry, Sir, they don't get the concept of fat-free yet."
I hope this store makes it.

Here's my purchase:1



I went for the cashews. The "Whole Moong" was unplanned. I can't say I know what moong is or what to do with it, but I liked that they were whole, and "BOLD". (I have no idea, do I soak them before cooking?)

So, $4.99 for 14 oz. raw cashews, and $2.99 for 2 lbs. of "Whole Moong". What a deal. I hope this place makes it.
________

No comments: