Thursday, March 11, 2010

It Says So On The Label

Sodium:
  • Campbell's Tomato Soup labeled "25% Less Sodium" has 480 mg sodium per serving.
  • Campbell's regular Tomato Soup has 480 mg sodium per serving.
"So they both have the same amount of sodium even though this one has 25% less." - Shopper

Fat:
  • Campbell's Healthy Request Tomato Soup labeled "Low in fat" has 1.5 grams fat per serving.
  • Campbell's regular Tomato Soup not labeled "Low in fat" has 0 grams fat per serving.


(15 second ad in the beginning.)
________

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is pretty pathetic - what ever happened to truth in advertising.

Steve Parker, M.D. said...

That's good reportage by ABC7news.

Caveat emptor, baby.

-Steve

Perovskia said...

Very interesting. I'm gonna check my cans here in Canada and let you know if it's the same (I've found slight differences in products between the borders).

Ronald said...

Check out my can I'm the Campbell man!

Angela and Melinda said...

This is too weird. Am glad I generally make my own soup!