Sunday, February 06, 2011

Sapporo Beer Commercial

Just fantastic, in so many ways:



I was trying to follow how the beer was made - from grain to beverage. It looks like the wrestlers were thrashing and the women were winnowing? Then the grains were carried in buckets down to a water source for sprouting, to make malt? A mash was made from the malt then the liquid tapped off. I think I see them adding hops or flavoring. Then they wait for the yeast to work. Not sure what the snowy scene does. Sealing the kegs, my favorite scene.

Related post: Early Maltsters
________
Thank you, BL.

3 comments:

ElDoubleVee said...

I speculate that the winter scene is aging the Lager. Lagers need cooler temperatures than ales. I wonder about the keg banging scene. Maybe they are trying to help particulate matter settle.

Perovskia said...

That's quite the commercial.

caulfieldkid said...

That's more like a movie preview. It's neat though.

We've never done a lager, precisely because of EDV's explanation. We would have to have a dedicated fridge (that ironically got warm enough, but colder than room temperature. The number ~50 comes to mind, but I've proven less than trust worthy on my beer facts so don't take my word on that).

shaun