It's really not that long ago, but the differences between today are striking. Some of our observations:
- People didn't have the weight problems they do today. There were some stockier builds but not the type of obesity you see today.
- Women's fashions were more formal and seemed to be almost exclusively long, full skirts.
- Businessmen still dress almost exactly the same.
- People wore hats, both men and women. And they got quite fancy.
- There was a lot more smog!
- People didn't carry much. Today there are giant handbags, backpacks, laptop cases, briefcases, fanny packs, and the bags to hold all the little things like phones, tablets, wallets, keys.
- Not much air conditioning. Cars and buses had open windows.
Do you notice anything?