Thursday, August 09, 2012

Jean Claude Van Damme Eats A Plant-Based Diet

Some photos of Jean Claude Van Damme promoting his new movie, The Expendables 2. He's 51 here:





Curious about his diet, I found this on a site called MuscleProdigy.com, from May 2012:
"Jean Claude Van Damme's diet routine consists of rice, bread, vegetables, and beans. Van Damme doesn't believe in eating anything "with a soul" in it. He will only eat meat on certain occasions, and if he does, he makes sure that it has absolutely no fat on it."
That link also discusses his frenetic workout routine.

And from LiveStrong in 2011:
"Today Van Damme eats a lot of vegetables, stating that "plant-based foods are the best things for you.""
I've been in this business long enough to know that what people say they eat is not the same as what they do eat. Even if someone is being up front with you, they often don't pay attention to amounts, or to how, and with what, something was prepared. Also, with someone whose career and ego depend on his looks, I'm going to guess Van Damme samples the supplements, and possibly the surgery.

Still, he's a good advertisement for a plant-based diet.
________
Photos from my guilty pleasure, The Daily Mail.

7 comments:

Claudia said...

WooHoo again! Rice and bread, who says carbs make you fat!

Angela and Melinda said...

I left a longer comment re Mr. Plastic Surgery (creepy), but the software wouldn't let me post it unless I added my cell number.... I think the problem is in gmail, though, not in your blog. I hate it when that happens.

Perovskia said...

Dr. Mel - it's Gmail. The optional sign-in (phone number they ask for) isn't necessary, and maybe see if you can remove it? If you don't want them having that personal information, you're not obligated. Some people think they're tracking people/info, but that's per your own conspiracy theory.

Re: Jean Claude - he looks kind of scary now. Agreed about what one says and what they actually do.

Claudia said...

Why ridicule him? He looks healthy and happy!

Angela and Melinda said...

I'm not ridiculing him; I just don't like to look at him--it's an aesthetic thing. So I'm happy he's been superseded by two other posts!

Bix said...

I saw some other photos of him. He was very animated and quite jolly. It was nice.

Anonymous said...

Vegetarian ok healthy guy. Great Jean Claude!