Friday, September 19, 2008

Ceramic Peeler

Am I late to the ceramic peeler game? Oh, it doesn't matter. I'm here and I'm glad. I'm growing quite attached to this peeler.

Compared to my trusty, rusty straight peeler, this Kyocera Y-Shaped Ceramic Peeler:
  • Is sharp! It has remained sharp. It's advertised as being able too hold its edge ten times longer than a stainless steel (SS) blade. I think they might be telling the truth.
  • It won't rust. Rust tastes terrible.
  • Its "Y" shape is easier to grip, delivering these increasingly claw-like hands from evil, Amen.
  • It shaves off the thinnest, almost translucent peels, preserving precious vitamin A near the skin. My old SS peeler carved away a good 2 or 3 millimeters. Downright pulp-maker that thing.
  • It's dishwasher safe.
  • It shares a name with a cell phone I once owned. I grew attached to that Kyocera too.
  • It can be had for under $10.
Everyone's peeling should be so sublime.
________
Photo: Homegrown

No comments: