Compared to my trusty, rusty straight peeler, this Kyocera Y-Shaped Ceramic Peeler:
- Is sharp! It has remained sharp. It's advertised as being able too hold its edge ten times longer than a stainless steel (SS) blade. I think they might be telling the truth.
- It won't rust. Rust tastes terrible.
- Its "Y" shape is easier to grip, delivering these increasingly claw-like hands from evil, Amen.
- It shaves off the thinnest, almost translucent peels, preserving precious vitamin A near the skin. My old SS peeler carved away a good 2 or 3 millimeters. Downright pulp-maker that thing.
- It's dishwasher safe.
- It shares a name with a cell phone I once owned. I grew attached to that Kyocera too.
- It can be had for under $10.